
I was up early this morning so I could talk to the children in the playground before school. Some of the Year 6 children were competing in the Voice of Youth Cluster Final and I had promised to give them some last minute advice.
After little lunch I travelled on the bus with the Years 5 and 6 children to the Final. I felt a little nervous. Public speaking gives me butterflies in my tummy - and I wasn't even speaking!
When I arrived I was surprised to learn that the judges also needed my help. I gave them some tips on using the judging sheet as it is very detailed. They were so glad to have my assistance.

When we got back to St Oliver's I was presented with a special Voice of Youth medal to recognise my special talents.
I had so much fun playing with the children. I had a game of soccer with year 6 boys and girls - and I actually scored!
I found hopscotch a little hard to play well as my legs are quite short, but I made up for it by jumping and springing as though I was swinging from branch to branch. It's such a fun game.

When I got tired I relaxed by playing a game of chess with the children. Some kind girls helped me move my pieces. I love playing at lunch time!
2 comments:
Dear Max,
You did a great job at being a judge at the Voice of youth cluster final, thankyou so much for supporting our school.
You bought happiness to people at St.Oliver's and we all will miss you. I hope you have more great adventures to come.
To Max,
How are you doing? It's been a while since we've talked so I thought I'd write you a little comment on your page.
On your website we are all commenting and it seems even LISA SHANAHAN the author has commented on her visit to St. Oliver's when she saw you!
I hope you learnt all kinds of things on your adventure to St. Oliver's and I hope you had fun.
Best of luck to you on all your other adventures,
Candice, yr6 student from St. Oliver's.
Post a Comment