Friday, August 25, 2006

Goodbye St Oliver's


Today was my last day at St Oliver's. I was so sad, but I tried hard to enjoy the day as there was just so much happening - it's a busy place!

I helped the Year 5 debaters by brainstorming and discussing their topic. The children are competing in the Delany Cup - they told me it's a special debating competition for primary children. They are so proud that St Oliver's School is the current holder of the Cup. I decided to let the Year 6 boys and girls help me with the preparation as they seem to know what they are talking about.




I have had a great time here; I wish I could stay for a few more days. But I know that there will be more adventures ahead. Every place I visit is so interesting and exciting. The children, the teachers and all the people I meet are so kind and such fun! I must remember to thank all those lovely Teacher Librarians who have organised my journey. You are at the top of my tree!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To all the children at St Oliver's.

It is so great that you are enjoying having Max visit. I am in Western Australia and today I visited the Art Gallery and there were painting of monkeys. I wonder if they were Max's relatives???

Anonymous said...

Dear Max,
We really had a great time with you at St.Oliver's.
You helped us with lots of things and brought smiles on people's faces.
I hope you have great adventures in the future. Good luck!!!

Leslie yr 6

Anonymous said...

It was so SAD for Max to leave after such wonderful days!
We had so much fun having your company!
We had a visitor like you that we don't normaly have!
We enjoyed your company here at St.Oliver's and all of us will definetely miss you so much!
Good-bye!
And
Good Luck

Anonymous said...

It was so SAD for Max to leave after such wonderful days!
We had so much fun having your company!
We had a visitor like you that we don't normaly have!
We enjoyed your company here at St.Oliver's and all of us will definetely miss you so much!
Good-bye!
And
Good Luck

Anonymous said...

Wow Max,
That tree looks pretty high. Are you sure you're afraid of heights?

You played so many fun games on our playground when you visited and I'm sure by the end of the day you had a long sleep.
You played chess, hopscotch, handball, ate lunch with us and was even a judge for the Voice Of Youth !

Wishing you all the best,
Candice yr6 student from St. Oliver's

Max has visited other countries. Which of these countries have you visited?