Thursday, May 24, 2007

Monday 21st May - AFL




I couldn't wait to finish my homework and go to the park. Now to keep fit and healthy I am enrolled in the 6 week Auskick program. There were so many children kicking balls, running around and having fun.
We had to divide up into two groups depending on our age. The warm up games were fun! We played lots of different games to learn catching, passing and kicking skills. It was cool watching our coaches stretching to catch the ball when it was passed or kicked to them. Then it was our turn! Opps! They didn't even mind when the balls accidently bounced on their heads. Two police officers rode past us and cheered us on, they were so friendly! Some parents even joined in and were coached on how to pass, catch and kick an AFL ball.





There were four fantastic coaches. Here I am with Dean Connors who played in the Reserves for the Swans. Before I had my friend take this great photo I remembered to ask Dean's permisssion to use the photo and his name in my Blog.




I even received a backpack full of goodies just because I registered to play! I can't wait to go to a live match again. Go the Swans!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! MAX YOU ARE SO LUKEY TO START PLAYING AFL!!!!!!!!!!!

St Finbar's Glenbrook said...

Max we saw you in the Weekender. You looked great. We miss you please come back to us at Glenbrook.

St Finbar's Glenbrook said...

Dear Max we all miss you, and all want you back. I know you had a great time when you were with us.

Max has visited other countries. Which of these countries have you visited?